Join us for our
Walking Each Other Home
September/October 2021 Series
Walking Together Questions:
We are just walking each other Home so I encourage you and a friend to listen to this podcast together. Then set a time during the week to discuss the episode questions as you grab a cup of coffee, connect over the phone, or maybe even take a walk together.
Walking and Talking in Light of Eternity
- What do you think of the idea of walking each other Home in terms of the way you and I relate to one another?
- What are one or two practical ways that you and I could walk out our lives and relationships this week in light of eternity?
- How can understanding our ultimate trajectory being Heaven impact the way we choose to invest our time, talents, and treasures this week?
Walking and Talking about Coming Alongside One Another
- Tell me a story about someone who has graciously and faithfully walked alongside you in your life. What are some key characteristics about this person that made this experience so impactful?
- What do you perceive as some potential stallers and stoppers internally (heart), externally (circumstances), interpersonally (relationally) when it comes to walking alongside others?
- Sometimes we walk a few steps, and other times we walk alongside someone for an extended part of the journey. How do you think rightly about steps and proximity? When do we step towards or step back?
Walking Each Other Home Through Suffering
- Share a story about when you suffered and when someone compassionately came alongside you.
- What was one thing that this person did or said that was helpful?
- How can we align our prayers for one another with the truths of scripture for one another this coming week?
Walking and Talking about Anxiety
- How does your anxiety usually present itself: anger, fear, busyness, or something else?
- How have you seen God bring comfort or clarity amidst your anxiety?
- What is one thing you are anxious about right now, and how can I pray for you this week?
Walking and Talking about Compassionate Caregiving
- Share a story about a time when you had to be a caregiver. What did you learn about the compassion of Christ?
- Share a story about a time when you had to receive care? What did you learn about receiving grace?
- How do you seek to live in the tension between God’s infinite care and wisdom and your finite care and wisdom?
Walking and Talking about Growing up in Christ
- Share a story about a spiritual mother or mentor who discipled you.
- Life-on-life discipleship is a show-and-tell ministry. What is one thing that person showed you or told you that spiritually formed your life?
- Is there anyone who you have had the privilege to walk alongside as they matured in Christ? How did that experience spiritually form you as well?
Walking and Talking about Healthy Relationships
- Share an example of a healthy relationship you have witnessed or experienced between women.
- What are some sinful patterns that you have seen or experienced that can side track a relationship into unhealthy patterns?
- How can I pray for you this week to enjoy meaningful and healthy relationships with those in your life?
Walking and Talking about Discerning Next Steps
- Share a time when you were questioning your next steps and earnestly seeking God’s will.
- In a world full of questions about God’s will, 1Thessalonians 4:3 says, “For this is the will of God, your sanctification.” So how can we focus this week on the declared will of God to become more like Christ even when there are still things we don’t understand about God’s plan for our lives?
- Are there any scriptures that have helped you personally discern God’s will?