Preparing Your Heart to Lead Others to the Word
How do you prepare your heart as a Bible teacher? Whether you’re teaching a class, sharing Biblical truth with a friend, or instructing your children, sharing the Bible can be intimidating. On today’s episode, we are replaying Karen’s conversation with Susan Tyner on preparing to lead others to the Word. Summer is a great time to begin preparing to lead a fall Bible study. If that thought is daunting, listen again, as Susan reminds us that leading isn’t about perfection but about Jesus.
- What are some of the classrooms of life that God has put you in as an instructor to others?
- What are some of your thoughts about what makes a great teacher?
- What are some of the obstacles that might keep you from feeling confident to share God’s Word with others?
- Susan said, “Be willing to be a fool for Christ. He uses the humble. Get used to blushing a little bit for yourself.” How does that statement, paired with John 10:4 and 2 Corinthians 12:9, make you feel about sharing God’s Word with others?
- Susan also said, “Your job is to show up and be ready, but God is the one responsible for changing hearts.” How does that truth take the pressure off of you as a teacher?
CDM strengthens the Church by connecting you to the people and resources you need.
Connect to Resources:
- Connect with CDM
- Big Picture of the Bible (Covenant) Timeline
- Leadership Training with Susan Tyner and Paula Miles Link
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app.).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman needing encouragement will find us.
- Like PCA enCourage Women on Facebook for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We’d love to hear more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.