Same Here, Sisterfriend:
The adventures of motherhood can be both surprising and isolating. Today, Holly Mackle joins Karen Hodge to share about her new book: Same Here Sisterfriend. Join us as we laugh alongside her mom-community and connect with others who have clung to Jesus in the journey!
- What is the most surprising part of motherhood?
- Do you have a funny story to share? What mom-scout badge would you have already earned?
- How has motherhood given you a greater understanding of God?
- How have you struggled to find your identity in Christ instead of in your children’s behavior?
- Have you ever excused yourself from a picture because of something external? What do you think about what Holly said, “I want to see me the way God sees me too: covered, surrounded, sheltered and enveloped in Christ’s mighty love. That’s the only frame of mind from which to decide whether or not to get in the picture”?
Don’t miss an episode:
You can listen to our podcasts on a variety of platforms such as iTunes, iTunes mobile app, “Podcasts,” or, if you are on Android, a good app we recommend is “Pocket Casts” or you can click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app.
While you can look up any show and listen to episodes on-demand, subscribing to enCourage Podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss a new show. Once you’re subscribed to a podcast, your chosen app (ITunes, etc.) will alert you when a new episode is available – and you also can download episodes to listen to them offline. If you don’t have the app, you can stream the podcast directly from this site anytime.
About the Speaker:
Holly Mackle is the author of Same Here, Sisterfriend, Mostly True Tales of Misadventures in Motherhood (April ‘18), a collection of mommy humor essays written with some of her funniest friends. She has published two titles with CDM–Engaging Motherhood, Heart Preparation for a Holy Calling, and the family Advent devotional Little Hearts, Prepare Him Room, both available in the PCA bookstore. From her home in Birmingham, Alabama, Holly blogs life and tomatoes at Digging Suburbia, and spends much of her time explaining to her two girls that their hair will not do exactly what Queen Elsa’s does.
Connect to CDM Women’s Ministry Resources:
Encouraging the enCourage Team:
Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman in need of encouragement will find us.
Like PCA enCourage Women on Facebook for the latest updates and related information.
Let us know your thoughts! We’d love to hear more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.
Tell others. We truly hope this podcast is a source of encouragement – we’d be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.