E: 8 Social Media and Your Faith:
Social Media is affecting our culture everyday, and believers aren’t immune to its influence. How do we as Christians engage in social media with a Biblical worldview, and how do we equip our children to navigate the good, the bad, and the ugly of social media? Today, Melanie Cogdill joins Karen Hodge to discuss social media and how it intersects with your faith.
CDM strengthens the Church by connecting you to the people and resources you need.
Connect to Resources:
- Connect with CDM
- CDM’s ONE Regional Conferences for Women Like our post on our enCourage Facebook page to be entered to win free attendance to a conference.
- What is the importance of apologetics for Christians?
- What are some of the good things Melanie cites coming from social media?
- What does “FOMO” mean? How could that be a bad thing?
- What has been your experience with the bad or the ugly side of social media? Have you been hurt by it? Have you been too engrossed in it?
- Melanie says, “We need to keep the main thing the main thing.” How does your stewardship of social media help you to focus on God, or does it distract you from a whole-hearted pursuit of God? Is there anything you need to change?
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app.).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman needing encouragement will find us.
- Like PCA enCourage Women on Facebook for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We’d love to hear more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast is a source of encouragement – we’d be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.