Helping Women grow in Emotional Wholeness and Displace Relational Idols with Christ’s Love
Relationships can be sticky. It can be easy to seek security and identity in our relationships instead of running to Christ, but they will always disappoint. In this episode, Ellen Dykas joins Karen Hodge to discuss how we can replace relational idols with Christ’s love. Join Ellen as shares about a woman whose journey to wholeness was born out of the devastating betrayal of her husband, and hear how God answered her cry.
CDM strengthens the Church by connecting you to the people and resources you need.
Connect to Resources:
- Connect with CDM
- Why is it so easy to look to people to meet our needs instead of Christ?
- Think about a time when you were deeply disappointed or even outright wounded by someone who failed to meet your expectations. Did that situation make you run to Christ? Why or why not?
- Do you feel like you have ever been a relationship that crossed over into idolatry? Are you in one now?
- Describe someone you know who has a oneness with Christ? How do you see her find her security and identity in Christ? How do you see her run to Christ in times of trouble?
- Ellen mentioned Ps 50:14-15. Read that verse and discuss how God promises to respond to those who cry out to Him?
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app.).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman needing encouragement will find us.
- Like PCA enCourage Women on Facebook for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We’d love to hear more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast is a source of encouragement – we’d be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.