Closer Than A Sister
This world can be lonely. We all long to feel apart, to be known and accepted. We were created for community that reflects the community found in the trinity, but it can be difficult to find. How do we encourage community in the busyness of life and in spite of our transient culture? On today’s episode, Christina Fox joins Karen Hodge to discuss practical steps she took to grow her own Christian Community, and how even through a move she has been reminded that Jesus is her first and most perfect friend.
CDM strengthens the Church by connecting you to the people and resources you need.
Connect to Resources:
- Connect with CDM
- Subscribe to the enCourage Blog
- Do you feel like you have the kind of community that Christina described?
- Are there others in your church that need to be drawn into deeper community?
- What obstacles keep you from inviting people over to your home?
- Acts 2:42-47 describe the fellowship of the first believers. How does your church reflect that kind of community and how does it fail to reflect that kind of community?
- What could you do this week to encourage the kind of community Acts describes?
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app.).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman needing encouragement will find us.
- Like PCA enCourage Women on Facebook for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We’d love to hear more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast is a source of encouragement – we’d be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.