Preparing Your Heart to Lead Others to the Word
How do you prepare your heart as a Bible teacher? Whether you’re teaching a class, sharing Biblical truth with a friend, or instructing your children, sharing the Bible can be intimidating. In this episode, Susan Tyner joins Karen Hodge to remind us that God is good, and He equips His children to share Him with others.
- What are some of the classrooms of life that God has put you in as an instructor to others?
- What are some of your thoughts about what makes a great teacher?
- What are some of the obstacles that might keep you from feeling confident to share God’s Word with others?
- Susan said, “Be willing to be a fool for Christ. He uses the humble. Get used to blushing a little bit for yourself.” How does that statement paired with John 10:4 and 2 Corinthians 12:9, make you feel about sharing God’s Word with others?
- Susan also said, “Your job is to show up and be ready, but God is the one responsible for changing hearts.” How does that truth take the pressure off of you as a teacher
Don’t miss an episode:
You can listen to our podcasts on a variety of platforms such as iTunes, iTunes mobile app, “Podcasts,” or, if you are on Android, a good app we recommend is “Pocket Casts” or you can click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app.
While you can look up any show and listen to episodes on-demand, subscribing to Encourage Podcast is the best way to make sure you never miss a new show. Once you’re subscribed to a podcast, your chosen app (ITunes, etc.) will alert you when a new episode is available – and you also can download episodes to listen to them offline. If you don’t have the app, you can stream the podcast directly from this site anytime.
About the Speaker:
Susan Tyner is the Coordinator of Women’s Ministry at Christ Presbyterian Church in Oxford, MS. She enjoys serving as the Mid-South Regional Advisor on the PCA Women’s Ministry Team as well as an Advisor to the RUF Permanent Committee. Susan and her husband, Lee, have five children. Stirring a pot of soup, dancing in her exercise class, and reading a book are her favorite things to do between the laundry and the dishes.
Connect to CDM Women’s Ministry Resources:
Click on the image above to purchase through the PCA Bookstore or call 1.800.283.1357
Encouraging the enCourage Team:
Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman in need of encouragement will find us.
Like PCA enCourage Women on Facebook for the latest updates and related information.
Let us know your thoughts! We’d love to hear more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.
Tell others. We truly hope this podcast is a source of encouragement – we’d be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.